Step Away From The Cake

After vacation I didn't want to do it, but I knew I must. I had to get on the scale. Although I don't record my weight anymore on my online calendar, I am still weighing myself 5-6 days a week, it's a must to keep me on track.

It wasn't as bad as I thought, only up 2or 3. But if you add that to the 2 or 3 I had currently been up, that totals 5 from my lowest weight loss point. I have been maintaining my loss with that 2 or 3 variance for at least 9 months, it just seems to be my pattern.

Five pounds doesn't sound like much and it doesn't really look like much. But it feels like 50. My bra is tighter and my rolls are rollier. Even though we did a lot of walking and hiking I still didn't get my regular Curves and Zumba in so I feel softer and squishier.

But now that it's 5 pounds, it has to be dealt with. It's easy to say "No sweat, I can get that off in no time." But when you don't and it goes up to 10, they you're saying "Well after I go out to dinner with my friends I'll start." And again you don't and you're up 20 and saying, "Oh, the holidays are coming up, no sense in starting now." And by then you're back where you started and saying "Why Bother?" I know, because I've been there before.

I usually stay on track about 97% of the time but it looks like I'm going to have to do a full 100% to get back down to where I was. It's a constant day-to-day battle and it will never be over, ever, ever, ever be over.

But it sure is better than the alternative. I don't ever want to go back there saying "Why Bother?"

Comments

D. Duplessis said…
Good luck, kden! Just try and remember that cake is bad, cake is evil and it's a gateway drug to cookies, bars, fudge, donuts, etc.
fernvalley01 said…
I believe IO have lost 1000 lbs in my life I know what you mean
bill said…
Just slide that cake over here. You don't need it. I don't either but somebody has to dispose of it. I'm only 41 pounds over weight and it only feels like a mere 200.
Claire King said…
I like D. Dupless' comment. Hang in there! We're rooting for ya!
Grumpy said…
I'll eat it, but Bill saw it first.
Mr. Shife said…
Good luck and we are all here supporting you in your efforts. It is not easy for sure but you know the game so I have complete faith that you will win the battle. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Introducing..........

Thrifty Vacationers