The Perils of Weight Loss

Between my husband and myself, we have lost about 95 pounds. I'm way ahead of him though, just had to say that.

That's great and all but nobody really told me about the downfalls of losing weight. For one, the expense of new clothes. There are only a few items in my closet that I had a year ago. I've given away so many bags of clothes and still have some in piles waiting. I don't mind shopping at thrift stores, which I have more the past year than ever before, but it would be nice to be able to buy a new outfit now and then. Right now it doesn't make much sense because every few months I needed more clothes. So I guess until I reach my final goal, thrift store clothes will have to do.

Along with needing new clothing; something you might not even consider, is needing new underwear. My grannie bloomers have become much more roomy and baggy. I had to break down and buy some hipsters to go with the new jeans that I'm now sporting. My bloomers came up way above the pants. Anymore that's the only kind of jeans you can find, the lower cut ones, and it's all my daughter has. She wouldn't be caught dead with any underwear that come above her pants. And my poor husband has his own challenge; his jewels keep falling out of his. I've heard that could be a problem but thankfully have never had to experience this. So I guess I'll be shopping for smaller undies for him too. Oh no, not at a thrift store, I do draw the line somewhere.

Also, sitting on hard surfaces is so much more uncomfortable. Sitting on benches and hard chairs make me squirm. Last week it was a cold night and I wanted to take a bath. The water fills, I get in and sit down and Oh My God, I'm sitting on a bony A$$!! It was so painful that I had to lie back or I swear my butt bone would have poked through my skin.

Speaking of cold, that's what I am 24/7. We haven't even hit winter yet and I'm sporting a sweater at home and even sometimes where I work. They keep their place at around 75 degrees and sometimes I am downright chilly. I remember just a few years back I was hot all winter and kept opening the doggy door at their house. Now I get up to shut it.

One final thing; what happened to my boobs? It's been a long time since they were perky but at least when they were fat, they stood up a bit. Now they look like half empty water balloons, just hanging there. I have to pull them up several times a day or they may face the same fate as my husbands jewels.

I know this is way TMI but I just want you to know the perils of losing weight. If you're thinking about doing something that drastic, you may face the same fate. You have been warned!



Comments

D. Duplessis said…
Yikes...losing weight has never sounded so horrible, what with all the boobs and jewels and bony butts. :-)

But losing 90+ pounds between ya...that's damn good and something I'm sure you're both proud of!
fernvalley01 said…
LOL< I lost 60 lbs a few years ago, nearly froze to death that first winter!!! and yup the panties are a critical item that MUST fit ! Congrats on the success, things will stabilise dsoon once you reach your goal(or thats what I hear , never made my goal weight yet)
Grumpy said…
Thongs for both of you. Or just go commando.
bill said…
I have been trying to lose weight for thirteen years. I lost weight, gained it back, lost weight, gained it back. The chore in weight lose programs, home made or otherwise, is to keep the weight off. I went through this giving or throwing clothes away, buying new ones. I finally wised up after the first few hundred dollars, and started keeping those I had out or under grown. Before I moved, I had in my closet, three sizes of clothes. I disposed of two sizes after I move because I don't have the closet space. I kept the fat clothes. If I lose weight I'll buy suspenders and cover up with a jacket. Being skinny and looking good is expensive. Good luck to the both of you.
bill said…
I was going to say before my last comment got too lengthy and I became a feared you were going to tell me if I wanted to comment, do so , but if I wanted to blog, do so on my own blog, I was going to say...95# is a lot to lose and you guys have done something huge. Congrats.
kden said…
Thanks Bill, I would never say that to you ;-) Luckily I did save some skinny clothes from years ago. They were nice clothes and I just didn't want to part with them. But I like your idea of saving the fat clothes and using suspenders.
Mr. Shife said…
The TMI made me LOL especially about the problem our husband is having with his jewels. Congrats on the weight loss, and keep it up. Have a nice weekend.
Claire King said…
Yea!! Good for you. You will feel healthy effects of the weight loss eventually, and the cod and boob prob won't seem so bad. I have never been very endowed in that area, so no biggie to me. Have fun with shopping for new clothes now and again!
SwifTri said…
That's funny! I have definitely seen some of those same "downsides" of losing weight, as I lost about 40 pounds a couple of years ago. Hopefully, though, you're also seeing the BIG upsides of losing weight. I feel SO much better than I did before. Good luck with everything!!!
Breathe said…
What a major accomplishment! I'm a big thrift store girl, mostly because I just get bored with the same old clothes, but don't have the budget to support bored based shopping. LOL

Target sells cheap underwear.

As for the danglers, I highly recommend some comfy push ups from Kohls.

How much further are you aiming for?
kden said…
Breathe, I'm aiming for another 10-15 more. I could go more but I need to be realistic about how I can KEEP it off ;-)
Grace said…
Oh my dear you did make me laugh - we should all have such problems - tho the boob thing can be disheartening...

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

March Doings