Snooze Alarm

I'm not sure who ever invented the snooze alarm but I'm guessing it was a man. Just because it's such an idiotic idea.

I set the alarm at 5:15 and listen to the radio for 5 minutes and then get up. My husband uses an old cell phone as an alarm. He sets it for 5:55 and then does about three 5 minute snoozes. Why? I don't get the whole idea. Why wake yourself up early to get an interupted 15 minute nap? I'd rather sleep un-interupted the whole time getting that extra 15 minutes of solid sleep.

And yes, I am still a basement dweller and love it. It's nice and cool, dark, and pretty quiet. And I use an alarm clock like God intended.

Comments

bill said…
I don't use an alarm. Of course I'm retired and don't have to get up. I could stay in bed all day. When I was working I used an alarm clock, hated to get up. Now I get up between four and six every morning. What do I do? I look to see if you've written anything.
Grumpy said…
Getting up at 5:15 immediately raises a red flag about your sanity, therefor rendering any opinion on a great invention like the snooze alarm highly suspicious.
kden said…
Grumpy, why can't you be as nice as Bill. He doesn't question my sanity, at least not to my face.
Grumpy said…
I'm sorry I questioned your sanity, but getting up at 5:15 a.m. is insane.
D. Duplessis said…
I don't even have a clock in my bedroom, let alone an alarm. For the past 25+ years if it's 6:00am, I wake up! It's annoying.
kden said…
I'm like that too David. Even on weekends or days I can sleep in, I wake up a few minutes before the alarm would go off. Sucks!
fernvalley01 said…
I put my alarm across the room, and once I am up...
Breathe said…
I'm a snooze button offender. It gives me an illusion of free will.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........