Busy Bee

I love when days off are productive and yet fun. I've been on the go since I got up. First I took Nellie for a walk then went grocery shopping.

Then I remade my bathroom clock by taking the old one apart and finding a new pretty CD disc to put a photo on and then replaced the hands. I know the numbers are a bit wonky but they're so tiny to work with and the glue was getting everywhere so I stopped messing with it.

Tick Tock
I was running low on laundry detergent, so thought I would make my own this time around. Yep, I am Woman, Hear Me Roar. It's real easy. Grate an entire bar of Fels Naptha Laundry Soap and add 3/4 cup each Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda and Borax Natural Laundry Booster. You only need one small scoop per load. I don't know if it does any better than store bought but it sure is cheaper. 
Looks like butter and salt
After lunch I did about 30 minutes of Zumba. I bought the entire set of DVD's for home. I'm still trying to get past the first one that shows you how to do the steps. It's totally different than going to my class and I feel like I'm a beginner. A very uncoordinated beginner.

Then I made two more totems from all of the green glass I had. One stands and the smaller one will go over a post.
Green with envy
I then watered the garden, did two loads of laundry and made dinner. As much as I did, it will no way affect the weekend and how much more I will have to do. But it was still a fun day.

Comments

Grumpy said…
I'm worn out just reading about it.
Wow you were beeeezeeee
LakeGirl said…
What a cleaver idea for the clock. You deserve a day off after all you accomplished today.
Hi, I styopped in for a visit from another blog (Don't unplug your hub). I can identify with your comments about zumba. Tried 2 classes at the local "Y" and discovered just how uncoordinated I really am. Hope your home DVDs are useful; I plan to just keep trying a few more clases. Please feel free to stop into our blog for a visit - we welcome all visits and comments too. BTW I enjoyed your photo blog too as I am also an avid photo enthusiast.
bill said…
How'd the soap work out? Reminds me of a picture lodged somewhere in my mind of my mother making lye soap over a black pot on an open fire outside, big blobs of odd shaped lye bars, then using one to wash clothes the same way in another pot. Leave time to kick back and do simply nothing.
Blimey! Is that the time? Eleven thirty? I've got to go and have a lay down. Later I shall visit the next neighbour in rotation and borrow washing powder.
Claire King said…
Good for you kden. I love imaginative solutions.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

March Doings