She's Ready To Evacuate

In no way am I making light of the tragedy yesterday and today in Japan and the approaching tsunami's on Hawaii and the coasts of Washington, Oregon, and California. I've been kind of tense myself all day waiting to hear about my older brother and his wife who were on vacation in Honolulu. They already had plans to fly home tonight so they are safe and will be on their way home soon.

But when I went to check on an elderly friend, I really had to chuckle at her thinking process. Of course the first thing we start talking about, is what is all over the news. She said she had some things in her walker basket that she grabbed in case they had to evacuate. Huh?

I looked in the basket and saw two rolls of toilet paper, one box of Kleenex, her walkman radio and a pair of socks. Huh?

Also in her room was a set of warm clothes that she got out of the closet just in case she had to stand outside. Why?

We live about 30 miles from the Idaho/Washington border. So my thinking is that if a tsunami wave can travel across the state of Washington and over the Cascade Mountains, she's going to need a lot more than TP and Kleenex.

Comments

Claire King said…
Bless their thought process. Ahh the simple things in life. How cute.
fernvalley01 said…
Poor darlin! Ahh well, always good to have a tissue handy
bill said…
I'm not sure what I'd grab, what crazy thought processes would surge through my mind. I'd probably try to assess the danger, guesstimate how much time I had, the best route to flee from harm's way. Survival instinct would probably set in if I didn't panic. Otherwise I'd do what seemed logical at the time. Right now I'd settle for a warm sweater or a warm housecoat, which seems wto be packed away somewhere.
Grumpy said…
Now that's funny. I have left strict orders that I be shot if my thought processes ever reach that point.
ethelmaepotter! said…
Ummm...that TP and Kleenex are gonna be pretty much turned into paper mache after the tsunami.

Bless her little heart!
D. Duplessis said…
Toilet Paper is an essential of daily life, I can certainly understand wanting to have a steady supply of it that's for sure! But water logged toilet paper? Eh, probably not so much. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

March Doings