National Opt-Out Protest = Epic Fail

I've grown very weary of hearing about the new TSA security airport measures. I'd say that the ones opposed were just loud obnoxious people looking for attention at the 'injustice' of it all. One bonkers group even staged a National Opt-Out Day for Wednesday just at the heighth of Thanksgiving travel. They had plans to opt out of the body scan and instead do the Pat Down. Their idea was to slow the whole process of boarding down because Pat Down's take 4 minutes as opposed to the one minute scan.

The whole thing was deemed a flop because nobody really went through with it. TSA officials said that very few passengers opted out even after tough talk on the internet and warnings of delays. Out of the thousands traveling out of our local airport, only three opted out of the scan. One of the travelers said "It would have taken longer to protest than just do it, we probably would have missed our flight."

It sounds like all the bonkers people just want to get to their destination as quickly as everyone else. I'm still for the new security measures, either Scan or Pat Down. Sure, I might not like it but I would want to get to my destination on time too, so just do it and get it over with.

So let's all pull up our big boy and girl underpants and get over it, it's not going to stop anytime soon.

Comments

Breathe said…
Here's my problem with this. 150,000 people are murdered every year in America and yet we aren't frisking random people on the street.

I have to fly for business. Every week. I'm sick of being treated like a criminal suspect - and now I'll have to assume the position just to fly from Dallas to San Antonio.

It's fine for folks who have to deal with it once or twice a year. But we, the weekly schmucks stuck on planes, it's getting out of control. When we go on vacation we most certainly do not fly anymore. I don't want the TSA feeling up my 12 year old - or looking at her nekkid.

Damn, if it was making us safer, I'm all about it. But seriously, do you think so? And the terrorists have moved on from flaming underpants to printers. Seriously. We are ready to fight yesterday's fight.

Just sayin.
Grumpy said…
I'm with you. I don't like it,it's a nuisance and hasn't caught anybody yet. But if we stop or lighten up and a plane gets blown up, the same people who protested will be the first to criticize.
kden said…
@Breathe, I definately understand your position as a frequent flyer. I suppose if I traveled a lot I would start to feel the same.

I guess I just have a problem with people thinking that they are getting 'groped' or 'felt up'. It's kind of like accusing someone of sexual assault without a trial.
bill said…
I guess everyone heard Mildred say when she went to the airport, she said, "Oh, I'm not traveling anywhere, I'm just here for the pat down."

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Introducing..........

Thrifty Vacationers