An Award? Why THANK YOU!

It's been a couple of years since I've been given an award. This one was given to me by one of my favorite bloggers. Who am I kidding, all of the blogs I read are my favorite, but EthelMae is probably the one I have been reading the longest. She gave me this Versatile Blog Award, but it comes with certain responsibilities.
I must reveal 8 things about me that possibly you do not know. My life is so un-interesting you may only get 5. Since I have done this already I may repeat something but chances are those that read my blog now, didn't then, so all this will be new to you. And then I'm supposed to pass this award along to 10 other bloggers. Truthfully I don't even read 10 blogs full time so what I'm going to do is just let anyone who wants to play along, to grab the award and do the same. OK, here goes.

1. Do you remember a little movie with Madonna and Mathew Modine titled Vision Quest, in 1985? Did you see me way in the back in the bar scene? Well nobody else did either but I was an extra and got paid $85.00 for two days work. That was a lot back then but they were long days just hanging around in a cold tent waiting for our turn to be a star.

2. I've secretly always wanted to be a stand-up comedian. I crack myself up sometimes so I thought it would be fun to crack up other people. Most of my material would come from living with my husband though, so it might get old after awhile.

3. I feel lonely--a lot.

4. If I had the means, I would pack up my stuff and my dog and go live in a funky cabin on the beach. I can't think of a better place to be. One of my favorite sayings is "I come to sea to breathe". I love it so much that I painted it on my wall.

5. Other than my present working situation I have mostly worked as a waitress. There was one exception when I worked for a short time as a maid in an X-rated motel. I had worked across the street at a fast food joint and got mad at the owner when he came through with a bunch of guys who he was trying to impress. He told me to go in the dining room to pick up a piece of paper off the floor. I was the third manager at the time but felt humiliated and put my two weeks notice in the next day. Then thinking 'whoops, I need a job', I walked across the street to the motel and asked if they were hiring. I was 20 years old and a lot braver then. It was interesting, to say the least. I got a lot of jewelry out of it because when people come in for a room, they were usually drunk (and had other things on their mind) and they would leave all sorts of things behind. And more than likely they wouldn't come back for that ring or necklace.

6. I regret that I waited so long to have our daughter. It wasn't planned that way, it's just the way it turned out. I just feel I'm going to miss so much as I get to be a doddering old lady while she's in the prime of her life.

7. I feel my brothers don't like me much. I'm sure it's just old feelings from childhood, but it's hard to shake.

8. I've seen America, Alice Cooper, and Cheap Trick in concert. Can't say I remember much, but I was there.

So there you have it, some very fascinating facts about me, probably 5 of which you could have done without. Let me know if you play along so I can come and learn more about you too.

Comments

fernvalley01 said…
Congrats on the award! you deserve it.And hugs .I answered you on my blog but in case you didn't see it , never apologise for how you feel.Its you thats gotta walk in your shoes!
ethelmaepotter! said…
Well, if nothing else, you've certainly proved you're versatile!
Waitress, X-rated maid, and movie star!

No, sorry to say that I've never even HEARD of that movie, but now I have to go get it get just to see you!

I've seen lots of concerts, but none of those you mention. Would you believe I FELL ASLEEP in a LYNYRD SKYNYRD CONCERT???!!! I was not only thoroughly bored (hate their music,) but the...fumes...from all the people who were...inhaling...little homemade...cigarettes, so to say, made me dizzy, then I just nodded off. Fred couldn't believe it.
bill said…
I've been a little versatile myself. In keeping with your post I have listed eight things about myself people generally don't know although I didn't include my versatility. Have to do that some other time.
Claire King said…
Enjoyed this post. CK
D. Duplessis said…
Congrats on the award...now be on the lookout for the fame and fortune that is sure to come!!

Very nice article, you've had a varied and interesting career!
Grumpy said…
I wanna know why you don't remember much about the concerts?

Got to be some good blog material from that motel job.
Nezzy said…
Congratulations on the well deserved 'versatile' award.

I've seen 'Three Dog Night', Helen Reddy, The Platters.....Oh the seventies...my college days!

It's always great gettin' to know our blogsisters better.

Ya'll have the most magnificently blessed 'fall' day!!! :o)
Anonymous said…
I like your wall art. I saw a t-shirt like that in Cannon Beach, but can't remember which store I was in. Do you remember seeing it in a store and if so, which one?
kden said…
The artist that did that was actually from Cannon Beach. I bought a little picture in an art shop, that's where I got the saying. So if it was in a store in CB, it might have been in the art store or El Menudo, the place that has lots of tshirts.

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing..........

Thrifty Vacationers

Meet Benny