What The Hell Wednesday # 12

Go check out the funnest meme around started by Blue Monkey Butt. You get to complain and others love you for it.

My taste buds are dead! WTH!

I have always heard that when you get older your taste buds kind of don't work anymore and you can't really taste good food like you used to. But I didn't think it would happen so soon. I've probably noticed it the last year or so. My once favorite foods are tasting so blah. Popcorn, my dinner staple on Friday nights for the past umpteen years just doesn't have the same flavor, even with butter. I'm salting and spicing up my foods more because I can't really taste them.

Last week I made chicken fajitas and it tasted like crap. I kept adding cumin, chili powder, more cumin and chili powder. It still tasted like carpet. WTH! Even the hot salsa didn't even make me break a sweat. Now, that's just not right. I've always loved spicy foods but if I can't even taste it anymore, I may as well eat baby food.

Not that this little handicap makes me eat any less though. You'd think it would. Food taste like crap=eat less. It's just not the equation my brain is capable of working with. WTH. It would be nice if it would.

I just read that most people with a taste disorders actually have a smelling problem. Mmmmmm, I'm not so sure about that. I can smell stinky garbage in the house before anyone else. And one moldy orange in the fruit basket? That smell hits me before I have one foot in the door. I can smell cigarette smoke from a mile away and don't even get me started with B.O. And I can definitely smell the cologne on the guy who stocks potato chips at the grocery store. I keep going around the aisle just so I can catch a whiff. Nothing wrong with my nose at all.

And then I had to go and read that loss of taste and smell can also be a sign of certain degenerative diseases of the nervous system, such as Parkinson's or Alzheimer's. WTH?

What were we talking about?

Comments

fernvalley01 said…
That sucks , maybe before you eat ,try a glass of lemon water ,or something to cleanse your palate. I have a great sense of smell for some things ,but I also have a chronic sinus condition , I ussually know when it is flaring up because food starts to taste , off to me
Grumpy said…
If it were me, I'd see a doctor just to rule out anything serious. Most likely a passing thing. Don't compensate with more salt; that's really bad for you.
Nezzy said…
I too can smell like a well trained bird dog but I always have. My taste are the same at almost 58 as when I was 16. Maybe you should tell your Doc. what's goin' on. It's probably nothin' but it wouldn't hurt to rule the health possibilities out.

God bless ya and have a beautiful day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Merry

TRUM-pis uh-NAS-HOAL

Oh Shred