From There To Here

How does one go from smelling Lavender fields in Sequim to looking at ugly Sagebrush? Apparently it's pretty easy. Friday we were heading home and stopped by this farm alongside the road to admire the Lavender while hubby bought a few plants. It was too windy to get a decent picture so just shot this one next to the store.


After spending the night half way home we finished our travels. Once you cross the Cascades into Eastern Washington you get greeted with such a different view. No wonder people from this side of the state always travel to the other side. I don't know anyone in their right mind who would want to travel here. I wouldn't last long working for the Chamber of Commerce if anyone asked me what there is to do here.
I'd say "RUN!"

I mean seriously, wouldn't you run if this was the view that greeted you as you came over a beautiful mountain range? Sagebrush, ugly and brown and so boring. Miles and miles of it, broken up only by wheat farms, which if you've seen one you've seen them all. You just don't realize how ugly it is here until you've been elsewhere. Even Montana which is very flat in places has amazing points of beauty. Maybe that's why we love the beach so much.

So if you can't tell, I'm not all that thrilled to be home. Besides I caught a cold somewhere along the way which explains why I had such trouble walking the mountainous trails. Sounds like a good excuse anyway.

If you haven't been over to PictoralSoul lately I have other pictures of the vacation which are much nicer than this. Start with August 9th and work back chronologically so things will make sense.

Comments

Breathe said…
But sage does smell nice. Just close your eyes after the rain and inhale.

But I grew up in the desert, so we learned to admire what we could.
bill said…
Been over most of the the state. Either never seen or paid attention to desert country like this, but I usually flew. But its been a while. I 'd guess east of Yakima or south of Spokane. That would be a guess.
kden said…
@Breathe, I'm not even sure if it's that kind of sage. Now I'm curious.

@Bill, you're close. This was taken by Moses Lake, but pretty much looks the same in both areas you mentioned.
ethelmaepotter! said…
Okay, it's not Eden, but sagebrush is beautiful in its own way...kinda. Sorta. A little bit.

Isn't it?

I need to get over and see the rest of your vamp-y pics, but I HAVE TO go to bed now...geesh, why did I stay up so late, knowing I have to work this afternoon? ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........