Who Do You Write Like?

Our local news has a neat little daily bit called "Cool Clicks". Colleen will give us a daily cool click that makes life easier or just plain fun. I might start posting more of them from now on. If you go to I Write Like and paste in an entire blog post (or anything you write) it will analyze the type of famous writer you most write like.

I used ten random posts and came up with a variety of writers.
Cory Doctorow 4
Stephen King 2
Mario Puzo 1
Charles Dickens 1
Agatha Christie 1
David Foster Wallace 1

I don't believe for a minute that I can be compared to Charles Dickens or Stephen King but that Cory guy sounds cool and I should check him out. He must be a sarcastic witty guy.

So go give it a try and let me know who You most write like.

Comments

ethelmaepotter! said…
Oooh, oooh, oooh! I'm going there right now! Will let you know soon!
ethelmaepotter! said…
Okay, I think this thing is rigged.

I submitted three stories and came up with William Gibson, Cory Doctorow, and Stephen King. Yeah, right. All of them write sci-fi, and I definitely do not.

So then I tried a line of absolute gibberish...and the thing came up with Tolkien.

Tolkien would have been highly insulted.
fernvalley01 said…
I got Cory Doctorow, James Joye, Ian Flemming and Stephen King .It appears my writing might be a little erratic!
Grumpy said…
I got Larry McMurtry. Wait, that's my favorite author; I think I got confused.
bill said…
I tried it. What do I think? There's something not exactly kosher about this site with their super fast analysis. But it's a good gimmick. According to your Crystal Ball readers, I write like Cory Doctorow.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........