No Crackers For My Soup?!?!?


The weather is turning cooler and my mind turns to soup. So I whipped up a pot of Tortellini Soup. Tomatoe-y and full of vegis the smell filled my kitchen. My favorite accompaniment to soup is heart clogging Saltine crackers with butter on them.

I opened the cupboard, reached inside the box and found........emptiness; no crackers, no wrapper, no crumbs. Just an empty box sitting in the cupboard.

There are three people in this house. I know I don't leave empty packages in cupboards. I asked my daughter if she did it; she pleaded not guilty. She ratted out her dad who she claimed was eating crackers before bed last night. Is it seriously that difficult to take an empty package out of a cupboard so the person who buys the groceries (guess who) knows that we are out of something??

So off goes the burner so I can drive to the store in rush hour traffic, past two schools that have some kind of sporting event going on, to a crowded store with people looking for dinner. I have dinner thank you very much, I just need some flippin' crackers.

I had my wonderful soup with buttery crackers but it wasn't quite as satisfying as it would have been if I didn't have to leave the house.

Comments

Grumpy said…
It could be worse; he could have left the toilet paper roll empty.
ethelmaepotter! said…
Same story at my house. Just yesterday:
"I thought you went shopping today."
"I did."
"Well, how come you didn't get me any Little Debbie Oatmeal Pies?"
"Coz you've got some in the pantry."
"No I don't."
"Yes, you do."
"NO, I DON'T."
(Walking into the pantry) "YES, you do."
(He holds up the empty box.) "NO, I DON'T."
"Well, how was I supposed to know it was empty? When something's empty, you put it in the trash, and then I'll know you need more."
"I don't put stuff in the trash."
Hmmmm.
And a minute later,
"How come you didn't get me any Diet Cokes?"
ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

March Doings