Not Your Usual Moring Wake Up Call


This morning I was on my way to work and as I turn my usual left onto a one-way street I noticed how little traffic there was since it was a holiday.

Well, except for the SUV headed in the wrong direction coming right at me. We are the only two on the street for blocks and I'm doing a quick check to see if I had made a wrong turn somewhere. Nope, not me, it was him. He's honking at me like I'm the screwy one so I honk back, like he's going to understand me. We seem to be playing Chicken so I go in the next lane and he decides to go that way too. So we're both swerving as we're getting closer and closer to one another. Finally I switch lanes again and as he passes me I'm swinging my arms wildly like I'm doing a very loud sign language. I see the passenger as we pass. It's a young preteen girl and she has her mouth wide open like she's about ready to scream. I then see him turn off the street in my rear view mirror.

Geez, I hope he figured out that he was the stupid one and not me. Without any other cars around it was hard to tell unless you knew the area. I could see him going home and telling his wife about the dumb lady going the wrong way on a one-way street.

Finally for once, I'm not that dumb lady.

Comments

Oh my that is funny! Glad you didn't get hurt.
ethelmaepotter! said…
Oh, I can just picture the whole thing! Too funny!
Liz said…
Isn't it great when you're NOT the one in the wrong?!

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........

Meet Benny