Middle Of The Night Ramblings

It's 1:34 am. I'm tired but can't sleep. My mom had emergency surgery late this afternoon for a rupture appendix. I went to the hospital but she stayed in recovery longer than anticipated so I had to come home. I did talk to her on the phone for a bit around 10:00 and she sounded awful. I thought it would make me feel better if I could at least talk to her before I went to bed but it didn't. I went to bed but was too wired to sleep. Got up and took a swig of Vodka to calm my nerves. (This is a very rare, but desperate measure to get some sleep). I did sleep for about an hour, but that's it. Husband is home from work early and he's snoring, another reason to meet my computer for a late night tryst. I'm sure I will have to work tomorrow (today) but don't really want to. Working for an elderly lady is hard when there's another elderly lady who needs me more. But I need the money so that's just the way it is. Mother's Day will probably be spent in the hospital. Husband and daughter are fixing me dinner so I am looking forward to that. It's now 1:53 and I better haul my butt upstairs, stuff some cotton in husband's mouth and try to get some sleep. 5:20 am comes awful early.
******************************
UPDATE
Friday night, 8:00 pm. Finally got to see mom today after a very loooooonggggg tiring day. She looked rough. It's been a few years since I saw her look so bad. She also has COPD (listen up smokers) and spent some time in the hospital a few years ago. I think it might take her longer to bounce back from this one. Doctor said it might take a year to feel better. She will probably go to rehab before they release her because she lives alone. She's so weak she can hardly lift a glass of water. What's weird is that she just got new power of attorney papers drawn up adding my younger brother on with myself and older brother. I was teasing her and said the ink wasn't even dry yet before this happened. She said we'll be mad if our inheritance is spent by the time she gets out of the hospital. She's cranky and still has her sense of humor so she should be OK.

Comments

Hope your mother has a speedy recovery.

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing..........

Thrifty Vacationers

Meet Benny