Not The Day I Was Planning On


Have you ever had days that as much as you tried, did not turn out like you wanted?

The day started promising as I was lovingly making breakfast for my husband and daughter. He has to work today and she is going with him. I told him about an email he received and he said "If you feel so obliged, you can answer it for me".

"No, actually I do NOT feel obliged because I have a life too and that is not in my life plan today", I told him. The man barely knows how to turn the computer on let alone answer an email. I help him sometimes by replying when he is sitting next to me telling me what to say, but I felt this one deserved more of a personal attention even with misspellings.

OK, good mood sucked out of me already and it's only 9:00 am.

I wanted to take a nice relaxing walk with my dog, but somewhere different. I'm getting tired of the same old 'hood and I'm sure she is too. I decided to drive to a park that we used to live by years ago. As I crested the top of the hill I could see rain in the distance but kept going. As we got to the park I realized that I was now IN the distance. It started sprinkling as soon as we got there and got progressively harder. We started to cut corners around the oval park. "Big whoop", I could almost hear her say as we got into the car. Yea well, me too dog.

I just was not ready to go home yet though. Since I have become a professional (wannabe) photographer I want to find things to take pictures of. There is this street that has a great view of downtown and I have always wanted to get to it. It looks dangerous to get to from one vantage point so I wound myself around the back way and thought I had found it. But there was this tall fence that would prohibit me from taking any kind of shot unless I wanted it to look like I was inside a prison yard. So I drove just a bit further and there wasn't anyplace to park, so I went a little further. Then I found myself....lost. It does not take me much to get lost. Stick a blindfold on me, turn me around two times and I will not be able to find my way home. When I finally realized where I was, I was a block away from where I wanted to be and there was the street I wanted to be on, to my left.

"How the Hell did that happen?", I yelled to the dog. She didn't know either but was just grateful to be out of the rain. I swear the city planners build streets but don't tell us how to get to them.

So now I'm home and the rain has stopped.

Another thing that is annoying me is trying to get my high bp under control. I've been on meds for almost a year but never really check my pressure much. I've also had a cough which my doctor thinks it's from the meds but I'm not convinced. A few months ago she wanted me to stop the meds and take a diuretic alone to see if the cough goes away. I took this long to try it because I wanted to be over all of my colds and teeth pain before I started in on the lab rat experiment. I took it for 4 days and had a 24/7 headache for just as long. Plus my bp was very high, 180/94. Well, that didn't sound right to me and it didn't feel so good either. So I took my normal pb med and the pressure was down to 138/87 later that day. And the next day the headache was gone. I guess I would rather have a cough than feel like crap with a headache and high bp. But still, I can't get it below my normal of 154/88. Now, I'm almost obsessed by checking it 2-3 times a day. I read about a recipe online about eggplant water for high bp. I've got some brewing now and am going to give it a try. I'm not sure why I'm so against taking medication, but I just am.

One more thing and then I'm done. I want to get down and dirty...in my yard. I'm waiting not very patiently to get out and cut and trim and whack and clean all the dead brown stuff that I didn't want to bother with last fall. The flowerbeds are overgrown with stuff that looked pretty last summer but now doesn't. I want the rain and cold to be over so I can get out and dig in my garden. I just don't think I'm asking that much of Mother Nature.

Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Comments

Some days just og south no matter how hard you want them not too.
Cloudia said…
Too True.....Aloha

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........