They've Got Balls

Every year at Thanksgiving, a neighbor sends her twin girls over to borrow something needed to finish a meal. It's usually something like a teaspoon of baking soda or clove of garlic. No big deal really, and I'm glad to help out.

This summer though, this was the particular neighbor that we called the police for underage drinking at their home; twice.

As I woke up Thanksgiving morning the first thought that came to me was "I wonder if the girls are going to come over and borrow something today". But as the day became busier I totally forgot about it.

The moment right before dinner is ready, and gravy is flying in the kitchen, my dog starts barking and one of my guests said there was a girl coming up to the door. My eyes just about bugged out of my head as I opened the door and there is one of the twins asking for some baking soda. I hand my daughter the box to pour into her container because I couldn't quite trust myself for what I might say.

Honestly, if I were a parent of underage girls who were partying with friends in the middle of the night and not even being there myself so my oldest daughter got arrested because she was the only adult present........I would not send my daughter over to the house that called the cops.

All I've got to say is, they've got balls.

Comments

Wow, they do got balls!!!...lol. Great post. Please visit me at http://eachotherskeeper.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

March Doings