I Was Rooting For The Numbnuts Kid

A little lighter story and one of the funniest things I have heard in awhile. My daughter and I were watching the Scripps National Spelling Bee last week. As it got closer to a winner one cute kid, Sameer Mishra stood out to me, but not so much for his spelling.

He was given the word numnah. There was plenty of snickers in the audience.

He looked puzzled and repeated what he thought had heard, "numbnuts?"

Now more of a roar of laughter came from the audience and I almost peed my pants. Tom Bergeron the host couldn't pass on making a joke.

The judge said "I will say it again and you repeat it, numnah."

Again, a blank stare until......finally he got it. "NUMNAH! That's a relief"

He went on to win the championship. Thanks Sameer for the best laugh I have had in a long time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Benny

Thrifty Vacationers

Introducing..........