Do I Know You?

I got an invitation to a high school graduation the other day. It was from the daughter of a girl I went to high school with and who still lives in my hometown. I live in a larger city about 90 miles away now.

I have not been in touch with this friend for years, as we graduated over 30 years ago. We would occasionally email jokes but I just haven't heard anything from her in a long time and I have even stopped sending along jokes.

So you may be wondering if I am going, or if I will acknowledge the girls graduation. No I am not or will not. I met this girl once when she was little. I'm sure she does not even know who I am. I got one from her older brother a few years ago and did exactly the same, nothing.

I'm not trying to be mean but it just really bugs me when I get an invitation out of the blue from:
a)someone I don't even know
b)from the child of someone I haven't heard from in years

Last year when my daughter graduated from 6th grade I sent my friend an email with a picture attached. Not an invitation or anything, just a picture (because I am a proud mama). Never heard a word from her, nada, zip.

Maybe that's just what they were doing, sending on a picture because they are proud too. But is it so hard to keep in touch a little in the meantime?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing..........

Thrifty Vacationers

Meet Benny